I started working on this program after I went through my Guitar Hero III set list manually entering scores into ScoreHero and thought there must be a better way.
The ultimate goals of this project are:
- retrieve song data (titles, note counts, tier names, etc.) from ScoreHero
- manage your Guitar Hero/Rock Band scores locally
- upload the managed scores to ScoreHero
- submit cutoff proofs more easily
- create a signature template system to generate a forum signature based on the managed scores
The project utilizes Java 1.6 and is developed mainly in Eclipse, with the GUI developed in NetBeans.
Libraries of interest include:
|HTML Parser||Used for scraping data from ScoreHero since no XML feeds are available|
|HttpClient||Used to simulate browsing ScoreHero and submitting forms|
|Apache Commons||Includes various utility libraries|
|Hibernate||Used for ORM|
|HSQLDB||A pure-Java database used to store song and score data|
|JUnit||A testing framework to help ensure code works as intended|